Wednesday 9 April 2014

Tim's 12 Tags - April

My first non-DT-related post for some time, and it's another two-fer for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014!


Unlike March's tag,which I really struggled with, this one was lots of fun to do, so much so that I couldn't stop and also made the cover for a mini-book, using the same techniques. I thought I'd share the first page while I was at it - I covered the die-cut card with sticky-backed canvas and then painted it before adhering a stamped tissue with beeswax (See Suze Weinberg's YouTube videos for the method) and gluing on a couple of bits of hardware.  I had to include an octopus.  It was compulsory. (
I added a couple of chit-chat stickers as well.


 I didn't have any foil handy so I used Mirri board - and then put Crackle Accents over the top, otherwise it's pretty close to the original.
When I've finished all the pages I'm going to bind it with my Cinch - I've punched the holes so it's ready to bind.

And there it is.  Hope you enjoyed your visit - would love to see you again!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

5 comments:

Sandra Carey said...

Oh how gorgeous Hugs Sandra xx

Annie said...

Your tag is stunning Keren and I love those fabulous hearts. TFS
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Keren, absolutely love the tags and the hearts, gorgeous detail.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Just Beautiful. Love your use of Crackle Accents.

Unknown said...

I love how one thing led to another Keren. That cover looks fab. I used mirri board too. I wish I had thought to use the crackle finish it looks so realistic x