Friday 3 January 2014

New Year - New beginnings

Hello blog friends!  Time for a  new challenge at Left of Center, and as we've just arrived in 2014 the theme is New Year - New Beginnings.  This challenge is brought to you by Delicious Doodles, and I've combined two of Teri's digis in this project.


I used Gothic Bride & Groom and Romantic Clock Frame  and made a faux book - 

The cover is black card with gel medium brayered over the surface - it does a great job of imitating leather and is very, very easy to do!  The heart embellishment is moulded out of cold porcelain which is my latest favourite thing -  you can buy it ready made or, the best bit, make it at home from PVA,Cornflour, baby oil and vinegar or lemon juice.
I've made a how-to for the insert - you can find it here.  

I do hope you enjoyed your visit and will join in the fun at Left of Center.  Your project can meet the criteria of the challenge OR be "Left of Center" or both - and there's a prize from our sponsor up for grabs as well.  See you there?

Crafty Hugs

Keren




3 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Keren, Happy New Year.
Love the Faux book and must try your recipe for the cold porcelain.Big hugs Angela x

Eiglas said...

Wow! Super project Keren!
Very impressed with the whole thing and I love the idea of making your own embellies - I've made some and it is such fun!

Super work!
Hugs Ei x

maureenjscott said...

This is amazing Keren! I love your colouring, just realised that its Teri's clock in there too for the New Year! I love the leather look - will have to investigate the gel medium! Well done! mo x