Monday 23 September 2013

G is for...

Time for the latest Craft Barn Blog Alpha challenge, and this time it's letter G.  Now you may find it hard to believe, but I struggled to think of a suitable word.  Me, Mrs I-Love-Steampunk herself.  Talk about overlooking the obvious - it was even one of the DT's words!  Of course, it HAD to be -
Gears!

I embossed the usual bit of Centura Pearl with an M- bossibilities folder - I rubbed Walnut Stain DI over the inside of the folder first to get a letterpress look. Then I rubbed Wild Honey DI over the surface, and gave it a light rub of Gleam wax.  Finally, I glued on a few gears that I'd die-cut for other projects and coloured with Gilder's Paste and topped them off with a few Dew Drops

And there we are.  Can you believe that there are only six letters left to go?

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Keren, love your steampunk entry, great metal look! Hugs Frea

BJ said...

Gears always work for me, love the dew drops - BJ

carolfromkiwiland said...

Lovely ATC and great finish on background and gears. I am struggling at the moment to get my gears etc looking realistic - so I really appreciate your effects.

Anonymous said...

Amazing background! love the texture.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy