Wednesday 4 July 2012

WOYWW - July 4

Well, it's been a mental couple of weeks, to the point where I've missed taking part in Julia's WOYWW blog hop.

Anyway,  things have eased up a bit, (I passed my change management exam - Yaaay!) crafting is back on the agenda,  and here is my desk! 

As I'vesaid before, I do love it when I can make a bit of plain paper look really good, (quite apart from the austerity drive!) and when I came across this technique I knew I had to try it - faux snakeskin made from - wait for it - paper towel! Yes, the kind that Juan Sheet uses!  But - why the chopping board, you ask?  Well, I could go into details but honestly, you're probably better off getting the know-how from the same place that I did, so if you want to see how it's done, then click here.

Thanks for visiting- now I'm off to check out someone else's workspace - see you soon!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations on passing your exam ....glad you are back crafting ....love Mysti ...looks a diva.#10

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Here, here - well done for passing your exam. I am going to have a look at the link - but I am going to follow you first! jenx

BJ said...

Amazing what you can do with kitchen roll. I used it with gesso on backgrounds and so many people gasp and ask where the texture came from!! BJ#18

scrappymo! said...

Amazing how we can create things from nothing!

Queen Lightwell said...

Congratulations on passing your exam! And nicely done on the faux snakeskin, as well. I'll have to follow your link, thank you for providing it, and see what kind of mess I can make, huh? :)
Happy crafting!
Deeyll #140