Monday 23 July 2012

Summertime Blues

The Stamp Man's current blog challenge theme is "The Colours of Summer".  A couple of years ago I did a few tags that were distinctly summery/seasidey, but I wanted to do something a bit different - and nothing was coming to me.  Possibly the lousy weather we've had so far this summer has something to do with it.  Then today...INSPIRATION!  YAAY! - SUMMERTIME BLUES!

I have the Aspects of Design musical instruments in my stash, so I decided I'd use the guitar as my central image.  The colours would be shades of blue (of course).  I just needed the words...and didn't have them!

Is a little thing like that going to stop our heroine (i.e. ME)?  Perish Forbid!  Not with my trusty Imagepac sachets to hand.  'Twas but the work of a moment (Oh, all right, half an hour) to run up a quick stamp.  The getting carried away and making four others, that took all afternoon.  The sachets have been discontinued so once I've run through my current supply there will be no more...

So - after all that, I could finally get started.  I stamped the words and the guitar in Versamark and heat embossed with clear detail powder, then built up the colours in layers.  After that it was a quick bit of spritz & flick, some faded words built up letter by letter in London Fog Memento, then iron the whole thing to remove the embossing powder.  Simples!

1 comment:

Jenny Marples said...

So many fab inky layers make this a special work of art. Love that new wordy stamp of yours. Just perfect for this. Hugs, Buttons x