Friday 27 July 2012

Backwards, in High Heels

Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stampers challenge this week is "More than Words" - in other words, the entry has to include a phrase or saying, and this one - which I first came across in Ginger Rogers's autobiography - is a favourite of mine. 

The stamp is one I made in the Imagepac marathon last weekend, stamped in Olive Green Archival ink and cut with a Nestabilities die. I built up the background colour in shades of green Adirondack and Distress inks then die cut the film strip and shoes with Sizzlets dies and the stars with X-cut wafer-thin dies.The dark brown oval is cut out of the brown card I brayered with PVA to make it look like leather.

Now I'm off to enjoy the fine weather! 

2 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

That quote is just perfect! and so true!! Plus she usually wore long flowing dresses to boot. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

Hels Sheridan said...

Very clever indeedily, and yes, she did!! What a gal! Love your card... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper and apologies for my late arrival!!! x