Friday 22 June 2012

Men are from Mars

It's been a hectic week at work.  I've been doing a Change Management course, complete with homework and two exams.  (I passed the first one, but I have to wait for the second to be marked externally before I know the result!)  Anyway, that has meant  I haven't been able to craft as much as I'd like and WOYWW and the Compendium of Curiosities challenge went by the board.

I did manage to pull this together for Hels Sheridan's  Sunday Stampers. The theme this week is MEN, so I decided to base my effort around the glyph for Mars, which is also used to indicate "male" in Biology.



I coloured the tag with Distress inks in red & orange shades (Barn Door, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade) with some Brushed Corduroy around the edges and then stamped the swirly gears (from Creative Impressions) in Aged Mahogany. 

I cut a few Gadget Gears from scrap chipboard and painted them with Ferro paints in pewter and silver.  I also Ferro'd one of the clock hands left over from the Stamps Away Pocket Watch that I'd used on another project (since Craft Austerity is still in place - waste not, want not)  then layered them up to make the "Mars/male" symbol. 

Not being the world's greatest at stamping text in a straight line so I deliberately went for a misaligned look with the "Men are from Mars" wording  - that's my story and nobody can prove otherwise!

2 comments:

Redanne said...

The misaligned words really suit the tag, that coloured background is brilliant and I like the Ferro'd pieces (not heard of that), they look great. Hope 'austerity' can take a back seat soon. A x

Hels Sheridan said...

How fab is this!!! I love the glyph too... looks amazing... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x