Thursday 10 May 2012

Making good use of the things that we find…

Sometimes I start a project with a clear idea in my head of what I want to achieve and sometimes I just play. This is the result of "just playing". I got the Stamps Away door hangers as a "free gift" when C & C were doing a "buy this, get that free" promotion recently, and I covered them with some paper that I had left over after making up the Following the Paper Trail trunk ("Lady Ermintrude's Portmanteau"). And there I stuck for a while. I went off and played with my Ferro paints - die-cut some gears (Tim Holtz Alterations again - Gadget Gears) and gave them a good coating of Ferro and put everything back in my box of bits. 

Just the other day I found everything (while looking for something else - isn't that just typical?). So here's the result. I like to think that this might be a security device that Lady E might take with her when adventuring, a sort of Steampunk super-padlock, so I'll probably fit the "keyhole" (You can see it at the lower left of the picture -Tim Holtz Alterations again) to it.

No comments: