Saturday 14 April 2012

Little House for a Fairy!

Lucky, lucky me got a Silhouette Cameo for  Christmas, an upgrade from my Craft Robo.  I never really got to grips with the Robo – it was a real faff to get it to cut anything other than paper.  The Cameo, however, is BRILLIANT.  I cut the little bird house out of Papermania Kraft card at the first attempt ( if you’re interested, it was blade depth 3, speed 9, thickness 25). 

SONY DSC

I covered it with paper from my stash and mounted on a Wendy Vecchi Artparts spool, also covered with paper from the stash,  and enhanced with an Artparts leaf, some beads and dangly bits from the jewellery making stash, and finished off with the Ferro’d fabric flower (well, I had to use it somewhere). A few feathers and a Tim Holtz adage tag and it’s a des-res for a passing Fairy to move into and grant some wishes….

 

And while I’m speaking of Artparts…

My first project with them was this key hook thingy.

I think it was very brave of me to actually USE them and not just add them to my stash… (my PRECIOUS….)

SONY DSC

No comments: